Community Forum

Arris SB8200 T3 T4 time-out gigabit service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Arris SB8200 T3 T4 time-out gigabit service

I have had the gigabit service for about a month now and over the last week I have had intermittent internet connection. The modem has restarted several times. There are no splitters in the connection path. See the signal levels below. I have a technician coming out tomorrow.

B9017540-9AA4-4E20-A452-5BD9270192D6.png

24AFD4BB-E8BB-4A7E-874D-F67BF1F84254.png

9ACBA5C9-0516-4B79-A3C0-9293D2F46D95.png

8545F8B3-E21D-45CB-B608-510B970FB2C9.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Arris SB8200 T3 T4 time-out gigabit service

The stats that you posted are ok but the uncorrectable errors and the error log entries may indicate a problem. Let the tech do their job and if you feel the need, have them check the upstream carriers / return path for noise ingress / impairment problems (they should do that as part of their routine anyway).
New Poster

What exactly should I be asking the technician to check? I don't want to get into the situation where they start blaming the modem because this is an intermittent problem. When I first had the service installed, they told me I had to lease a comcast modem, I don't want to get in this situation again, so let me know if there are specifics I can ask.

Diamond Problem Solver

Please re-read my second sentence in my last reply to you. As stated, checking the return path for integrity should be an automatic part of their troubleshooting. Good luck ! Post back with how things turn out.