Community Forum

Arris 602G

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Problem Solver

Arris 602G

My brother and I both have Arris 602g eMta modems with Blast Tier of internet service. According to customer service Blast is around a Maximum of 25 Mbps download and our eMTAs should handle this speed OK. When I check the spec sheet for this modem it says Max upload and download speed is around 35 Mbps. When  my brother and I run speed tests from Comcast and other sites we get a Max of 30 Mbps download and a Max of about 5Mbs upload. THis is either very early morning or very late a night. At other times the speeds are slower. Unless I am having a technical problem or unless Comcast raises it's speeds is there any reason to swap out these eMTA's for Doccis 3.0 modems such as the Arris 702 or Arris 722 now.

Also Internet customer service said they now will ship me a new eMTA if I want one with a prepaid return box and I cannot get one at my local office.

Expert

Re: Arris 602G

CC now recommends that a D3 capable modem be used with the Blast tier;

CHSI Speed TierDOCSIS DEVICE REQUIRED
Economy DOCSIS 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0
Performance DOCSIS 2.0 or 3.0
Blast! DOCSIS 3.0
Ultra DOCSIS 3.0
Extreme 50 DOCSIS 3.0
Extreme 105 DOCSIS 3.0
(ARRIS WBM760A,
Cisco DPC3000,
Netgear CMD31T,
Motorola SB6120,
Ubee U10C035,
Arris TM722G)

There are capacity/congestion and failover benefits to be had by using a D3 capable modem on an upgraded to D3 system even if one doesn't subscribe to one of their D3 speed tiers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Arris 602G

What wireless routers does comcast support with the new docisis 3 and power boost speeds?

Silver Problem Solver