Community Forum

Apple Mail 8

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Apple Mail 8

Did you try deleting and re-creating the account?

New Poster

This is still a problem for me for outgoing mail. Do I need to delete any keychains or disable the "TSL Certificate?"

I'm using port 587, Using SSL, but the smtp.comcast.net is still offline. 

Expert

Assuming you are using Mac Mail, just open it and go into the settings and delete the account, then re-create it.

New Poster

How did you "wipe out" your old account and reinstall?

Expert

Just to add--------I'm on an iMac with Yosemite and Mac Mail 8.1-----------nary a problem.  Works just fine. Using IMAP for all accounts.

New Poster

I fixed it on my iMac by wiping out my comcast email completely and reinstalled from fresh.  Works without issue now.

New Poster

Same issue on my wife's MacBook, but not on my MacBook Air (both running Mail 8)

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I can not send mail from Apple Mail 8.1 on my iMac.  I've tried just about everything.  I just deleted my account and will try and setup fresh.  Anyone fix this?

New Poster

I am having the same issue.

New Poster

Apple Mail 8

I'm having trouble sending mail. I keep getting the message cannot send message using the server: smtp.comcast.net:username The SMTP connection to the server smtp.comcast.net failed.

Then in the smtp server list, smtp.comcast.net:username (offline)

Not sure why this is offline. There are no guides on setting up Apple Mail 8, so I don't have any screenshots to compare to.