Community Forum

Already have had 2 techs come out...Still having issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Already have had 2 techs come out...Still having issues

So I have a customer owned cable modem. It's on the approved list, but to eliminate my modem that's less than a year old I went and rented their latest gateway. Even before renting one I used a backup modem a tc8305c I had in the closet just to be sure it wasn't my equipment and the tc8305c was having the same issues my Motorola modem was experiencing. I've had the new gateway since monday around 11am and have been booted offline at least 4 times that I know of, possibly more. I've had two techs out here in the past couple of weeks. Both saw issues and made some changes in the box, but I'm still being booted randomely. What do I do next to have this issue resolved? I'm attaching a screenshot. I've been monitory my levels and they fluctuate constantly ....

Thanks for the assistance!

levels1.png
Expert

Re: Already have had 2 techs come out...Still having issues

Hi @SeventySixNinja,

Thank you for letting the team know about your continued service issues. 

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the info and they have already posted 2 $20 credits on my account. One for the tech not showing up and saying he did. He didn't I didn't get a knock, doorhanger, or a phone call. Was wondering where the other $20 credit came from...now I have my answer to where that came from Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi @SeventySixNinja

If you're still having issues with your internet can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? I'd like to see if I can isolate the cause of your issue. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!