Community Forum

After forwarding an email, my name shows in the directory instead of original sender+++

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

After forwarding an email, my name shows in the directory instead of original sender+++

I'm not a fan of the changes made to Comcast webmail.  When I forward an email then my name shows in the directory instead of the original sender and the message I entered with the forward concatonates to the original message.  When I reply to the original sender, the message I sent with the forwarding email shows on the reply.  Yikes--I don't want the original sender to see that.  I've poked around settings but don't see a way to change this.  Anyone else having this problem?

Expert

Re: After forwarding an email, my name shows in the directory instead of original sender+++

Do you mean your name appears as the sender when the recipient opens the forwarded email?  If so, that is exactly what it should do.  Or do you mean something else?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!