Community Forum

Adding multiple contacts from an email to address book.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Adding multiple contacts from an email to address book.

I received an email which contains updated address for a group. I want to replace the entire group with this new list. Hard to explain but the addresses are the same ones that this email was set to.  I need to move all of them at once to a group and replace all the emails in the group. I don't want to have to do this one at a time.

Expert

Re: Adding multiple contacts from an email to address book.

In order for an email address to be entered into a group in the new Appsuite address book, it has to first be in the address book.  Once there they can be moved as one or more entries if you like.  But there is no way for you to copy multiple email addresses and drop them into a group from an outside source.

If all the addresses in question are in your sender's address book, they could export their address book as a .csv file and email it to you.  Then you could import that address book.  But it's an all-or-nothing affair;  there is no way to export only groups unless the sender has the ability to create more than one address book, in which case they could make one up, enter the addresses you want and then export that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!