Community Forum

Adding gmail account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Adding gmail account

I previously had my gmail account linked to my comcast email account and had no problem access the account.  I had to do a password update and now I get this message:

"Error: We were not able to validate your credentials. Please check that your settings are correct and try again."

I know for certain I have incerted the correct user name, password, and email account.

Can someone help solve this problem?

Expert

Re: Adding gmail account

I'm not sure why it won't take your Gmail account.  My Gmail account is one of the only external accounts I've ever been able to get to work in that mail fetcher feature in Comcast.  But others I've not been able to use at all like Yahoo and Outlook.com.  No matter what I put into the data fields it rejects it.  My observation is that it has not been an overly popular feature in Comcast email.  The new email format is supposed to have it, but it's been over a year now and it still has not been enabled.  You might consider using a desktop client like Thunderbird or Outlook.

Just to add-----Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo all have that feature, as well as others.  If you have an account with any of them, you might also consider setting up the Comcast account with their mail fetcher.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi, Flag78. I can help link your gmail account to your Comcast email account. Please send me a private message verifying your full name, address, the phone number associated with your account, and the gmail email address you'd like linked to your account in our system so I can investigate. To send me a private message click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me. Thank you.

Expert
Moved:

Phone number in post. Please do not post personal information as these forums are public.