Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Active Return

New Poster

Active Return

looking to change the active return 5 port with a 9 port does comcast use the 9 port and how do you get one

Official Employee

Re: Active Return

Buster21, the 9 port is not a blocked port so it can be used. It sounds like you want to access port forwarding. Here's more info: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway/

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastKenF wrote: ... It sounds like you want to access port forwarding. ...

The poster may be asking about 5 port and 9 port zero-gain coax line amplifiers.

Official Employee

ComcastKenF wrote: ... It sounds like you want to access port forwarding. ...
The poster may be asking about 5 port and 9 port zero-gain coax line amplifiers.

BruceW, Ah, I see now. Thanks for the save! 

Buster21, coax line amplifiers are installed by a tech and we use our own amps for that. I'm not sure what type of amplifiers techs use specifically, but we can send a tech to evaluate. Are you experiencing service/signal issues?

New Poster

no I am not having a signal problem. I have a Control 4 system. I have A 5 port and it only allows for 3 tvs so if I want to run additional tvs thru the control4 I would need to go to the 9 port or else I would have to spilt the signal of before the 5 port to the other connections and i am afraid that would cause signal problems.