Community Forum

Activating new XB6 modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Activating new XB6 modem

How to activate new XB6 modem on network 5
Expert

Re: Activating new XB6 modem

Not  exactly sure what "network 5" means but are you talking about activating that device for service on the Comcast system ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@vjshannon wrote:
How to activate new XB6 modem on network 5

network 5 is what you are seeing from your computer; it's just a name that the computer assigned to your new network.

Have you found the web site for activation?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-wireless-gateway

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Assuming you have the XB6 properly connected to the coax cable and power and your computer, easiest way would be to call 1(800)XFINITY and use the automatic activation method. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hook it up and use the Xfinity xFi app on your smartphone. I activated mine this way last week and it took about 10 minutes.