Community Forum

Account username used for logging into router

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Account username used for logging into router

I am trying to log into my modem to change my WiFi password. When I go to sign-in, I input my account username and I get a message back telling me it's incorrect. I've even used copy/paste it from my account page and I still get the message that it's incorrect.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Account username used for logging into router

@Denvergal1 wrote:

I am trying to log into my modem to change my WiFi password. When I go to sign-in, I input my account username and I get a message back telling me it's incorrect. I've even used copy/paste it from my account page and I still get the message that it's incorrect.  Any ideas?

Unless it's been physically changed, the password is password(all lower case) and admin is admin

If you download the Xfinity Xfi app on your smart phone, you can change it right from the app

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I can't get that far to use 'password' 'admin'.

I my account settings it says under WiFi Network and Password:

We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported XFINITY or personal device.

I've have an Xfinity TG1682G modem

I also tried a link that took me to (I can't remember the right numbers looked like this) W:10.01.1 and that's where it told me to sign-in first.

Official Employee

@Denvergal1 wrote:

I can't get that far to use 'password' 'admin'.

I my account settings it says under WiFi Network and Password:

We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported XFINITY or personal device.

I've have an Xfinity TG1682G modem

Have you tried the Xfi app?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Installed xfi, opened it, logged in, and it keeps coming back saying its having trouble accessing my account.  This is enough for me tonight...