Community Forum

Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

I enabled the SPAM filtering and e-mails are being sent to my SPAM folder.  But there are two or three senders being sent to SPAM, but I actually want to receive their e-mails.  I have clicked on the button for "Not SPAM' and I had hoped that Xfinity/Comcast's e-mail program would learn that these are accepted senders.  But no.  It keeps putting them into the SPAM Folder.  Isn't there a way to communcate to the program that these senders are "approved" by me and that I would like to receive their e-mails?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

Comcast should offer a way to do that, but they don't.   Smiley Sad

Comcast Security Assurance can somtimes "unspam" a sender. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful so be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is turn off spam filtering completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox.

Contributor

My opinion: Xfinity/Comcast and this piece of garbage e-mail program they foisted on us over a year ago, are the biggest pieces of doo-doo of any service provider I have ever dealt with.

Official Employee

Were you able to resolve this?  If you send a PM to me with the email addresses of the senders, I can take a look and see what can be done to get those to your inbox.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

No I was not able to resolve this.  How do I PM you?

Gold Problem Solver

@Havanaiwrote: ... How do I PM you?

Click the "ComcastAntiSpam" UserID in the employee's message and then "Private Message Me" on their Profile page.

Contributor

At first attempts, I couldn't get the private messaging to work.  But on 3rd or 4th attempt, it gave me a message field into which I entered three addresses from which I would like messages to go into my inbox, instead of being routed to SPAM.  So I have sent you the message you requested.

Thank  you.