Community Forum

ARRIS TG3482G or XB6 UPnP & Zero Config not working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

ARRIS TG3482G or XB6 UPnP & Zero Config not working

I have enabled UPnP and Zero Config on my modem. Port mapping and everything worked fine for a while. Then recently it stopped working and we hve not made no chages to the network or modem. I have called Comcast Support twice and they do not seem to even know what features I am referring too. Both times the case has been escalated. No follow up so far though. I use Comcast at two other locations. The UPnP and Zero Config work both work fine at the these two locations with the same configuration and modem setup.

Need help.

New Poster

Re: ARRIS TG3482G or XB6 UPnP & Zero Config not working

I had same issue it was working then about 3 weeks ago it stopped got so frustrated i downgrade services had to go down 2 tiers because they wanted more for 400mbs then gig but on my sbg 6900 ac and everything has open nat. With ipv6 and upnp there is no reason i should have nat issues but they pushed firmware on there "best" modem and now it works like ipv4 from early 2000's
New Poster

Did you ever have any luck figuring this out? I am not able to use UPnP & Zero Config on my  TG3482G, Very frustrating.....

New Poster

No luck. Making additional calls one tech commented that a firmware update was pused out and caused the problem.

New Poster

I downgraded my modem today and am now much happier. A lot of things that were not working with xb6 including my xbox work again. Sad that the "best" modem from Comcast seems so broken. Maybe someday.