Community Forum

A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireless)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireless)

Well, this is my last resort. I honestly didnt think i would have to use the forum to find out what my network issue is but here we go.

at the end of november of 2017 i've been having 'rubberband' issues when i play online games. unstable connection for 10 seconds every 8-15 minutes of gameplay.  at first i thought, it'll probably go away, maybe it's the game servers but it just kept going on any game i would play. including wireless games on my phone and my ps4 console. i mainly use wired connection when i play PC games but here are some clips and photos that i took of what i'm talking about here.

My rubberband issue footage:

1) https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedNurturingGnatShadyLulu

2) https://youtu.be/eo5jgm8AbEY

Photo of the unstable connection pattern

unnamed.jpg

things I HAVE TRIED ALREADY and still NO FIX:
⁃wired connection/wifi connection
⁃reset modem
⁃reset router
-portforwarding? i never touch it
-QoS all disabled
⁃updated gpu driver
⁃updated network adapters
⁃updated bios
⁃update cpu graphics driver
⁃got a new comcast modem
⁃had comcast reset signals
⁃checked console and mobile games if it’s also has issues
⁃had comcast tech remove old wires
⁃tried a vpn
⁃netsh winsock reset
⁃netsh int ip reset 
⁃had comcast check the node - its green and clean
⁃had a comcast check the main box
-----------------------------------
As i am typing this i ran a 'tracert' to google in the command prompt and got these results:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 14 ms 10 ms 7 ms 96.120.89.13
3 9 ms 9 ms 7 ms po-102-rur01.pinole.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.87.196.9]
4 9 ms 8 ms 7 ms be-224-rar01.pinole.ca.sfba.comcast.net [162.151.78.185]
5 12 ms 10 ms 9 ms hu-0-1-0-2-ar01.santaclara.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.85.154.41]
6 12 ms 11 ms 10 ms 96.112.146.18
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 15 ms 13 ms 11 ms 108.170.236.62
9 15 ms 12 ms 10 ms 108.170.243.2
10 17 ms 12 ms 12 ms 209.85.246.38
11 15 ms 13 ms 13 ms 108.170.226.79
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 15 ms 13 ms 10 ms 209.85.248.35
14 16 ms 13 ms 10 ms sfo07s17-in-f14.1e100.net [172.217.6.78]
---------------------
if this is not a node issue around my area (since the tech said theres nothing wrong here), and T1 tells me my modem is healthy and fine. what could be the cause of this pattern? why am i getting these pattern request timed out? i have the 'blast internet' and its unlimited data. i just do not want to pay this much if i cant use it to it's full potiential. 3 technicians did what they can and helped a lot because at least i know i can check these issues off the list that this has nothing to do with my home or my area causing this. but i'm out of ideas. if any Network guru who can save me from this frustration. i would greatly appriciate it. i'm just tired of doing the basic reset modem, reset factory, recover PC, when it has nothing to do with that. my router is brand new. my modem is now brand new. both packets are never loss. but when i ping google or even the WAN IP address for my xfinitiy network. i would lose 12 packets every hour. someone help...please...
Expert

Re: A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireles

FWIW, that trace route output does not indicate any problem. The trace completes to the destination server. And with very low latency.

Those "timed out" hops are just routers that are deliberately configured not to respond to ICMP packet based ping / trace probes. Packets are being forwarded normally.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireles

Oh okay thats actually good to know. I'm learning day by day of all this networking stuff so i'll definetly keep a note of that. However, it does not fix my random pattern request timed out every 8-15 minutes and an unstable connection for 10 seconds then brings me back to normal. In your thoughts, what do you think could be the cause of this? Do you think firewall could be the culprit? Because as i stated above, i've done so many things to see if it can be fixed and i'm just out of ideas at this point. Is this a throttle issue? If so, what should i do?