Community Forum

9 weeks and no resolution on intermittent network performance issues. Please help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: 9 weeks and no resolution on intermittent network performance issues. Please help.

Thank you Brad for your information and I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. We are looking further into the matter and will be in touch with an update.

Regular Visitor

Re: 9 weeks and no resolution on intermittent network performance issues. Please help.

Thank you Shane.  I have PM'd you my info.  Looking forward to working with you.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Diamond Problem Solver

I'm going to try escalating your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Regular Visitor

9 weeks and no resolution on intermittent network performance issues. Please help.

For over 9 weeks I've experienced intermittent performance problems with my Internet (with impacts to X1 for data transmissions such as voice control).  I've called in numerous times -- probably over 10 -- and had 4 or 5 techs out to look at the issue.  I'm at my wits end with promises of callbacks, repeating myself over and over, and going through the same scripts with first tier techs who tell my to reboot my modem and all will be fine.  

The issue is well-defined at this point as a 'noisy neighbor', where someone/something on the same node as me is causing line noise resulting in significant degradation of upload speeds (to less than 1Mbs), packet loss, and latency.  The issue tends to happens between 3 and 5 pm and goes until 1am or so, but there is some variability to the timing and sometimes impacts the daytime.  Neighbors experience this same issue as I have tested on my neighbors connection who is served from same aerial tap.  My inside wiring going up to the phone have been tested numerous times and all is fine there.   Outside of the times when there is interference, signal strengths all look good and internet performs as expected.

I have collected pings/traces showing issues over the last 9 weeks.  I have had numerous promises from different parts of the organization that this will be fixed but to no avail.  I've been exceedingly patient with this process over the last NINE weeks but I'm at the point where I'm out of patience.

I would like someone from the Comcast escalation team to contact me to own and manage this process to a solution. I'm happy to explain in detail all the issues.  The resolution is simple: a line technician needs to track down the source of interference -- I'm not sure why this isn't happening.