Community Forum

6 days of miserable speeds of 1-2 Mbps

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

6 days of miserable speeds of 1-2 Mbps

For the last 6 days I have been getting speeds that range from under 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps, averaging around 500Kbps most of the time. My plan is 60 Mbps down 5 Mbps up and I usually get up to 70 Mbps down with my equipement. I had to travel out of town because of the death of my father and my service was interrupted when it became past due. Upon my arrival I found my service cut off, I immediatly paid and service came back on but at these miserable speeds. I gave it a few days thinking that it might be problems in my area but the slowed, throtled connection persist.

Can someone in tech support unthrotle my connection please? Account device status page says everything is fine with my equipment and area, its obviously misbehaving after connection was throtled down to 0 for lack of payment. I work from home and these speeds are starting to affect my productivity. Thank you!

Expert

Re: 6 days of miserable speeds of 1-2 Mbps

Comcast isn't throttling your connection speed, it's not something they do. 

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.