Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

502 Bad Gateway

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

502 Bad Gateway

"502 Bad Gateway" messages keep popping up when trying to connect with my Xfinity Connect email account.  Connecting to my Google Chrome browser is fine.  What is the problem?

Contributor

Re: 502 Bad Gateway

I am in Chrome browser and when I click on the mail icon on the website xfinity it opens a new browser to this page.

Expert

Start with--------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

See here for more information--------------

https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939

New Poster

Thanks for the tip.

Brad8

Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions. However, I just turned on my PC and my browsing data was cleared using 2 methods before shutting down for the night. I've also tried Slimjet, IE and Edge along with my preferred browser Chrome. Email will not load on any browser. This has been going on a few times a day.

Contributor

It has started to do this in every browser. Cleared everything, still an issue.

Contributor

SPoke with top tier tech support and they don't even know why its happening.

New Poster

same thing has been happening to me. Now I can't even get that. Just sideways scrolling dots

Contributor

Scorp9681 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. However, I just turned on my PC and my browsing data was cleared using 2 methods before shutting down for the night. I've also tried Slimjet, IE and Edge along with my preferred browser Chrome. Email will not load on any browser. This has been going on a few times a day.

I was finally able to get in earlier. Then just tried and it took me 5 attempts to get it loaded again. This only began to happen in the days before the new format was introduced.