Community Forum

2 Comcast Routers/Modems, each w/ their own Apple Airport Extreme (Same Wifi Network)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

2 Comcast Routers/Modems, each w/ their own Apple Airport Extreme (Same Wifi Network)

Disclaimer: I'm know enough about wifi and home networks to be dangerous.

Due to the area I'm trying to cover with wifi and the structure / layout of my home, I have two separate Comcast routers/modems on separate levels. Both routers/modems are in Bridge Mode. I'm wondering if I can use the following setup and connect each to an Apple Airport as such:

Basement Comcast router/modem > hard wired > Apple Airport Extreme Time Capsule (tower)

Main Level Comcast router/modem > hard wired > Apple Airport Extreme (802.11n, 4th generation I think, flat)

I want to use one wifi network (broadcasted from each respective Airport Extreme). I believe, the hard wiring to each Airport Extreme will allow the fastest and strongest possible wifi broadcast signal from each Airport. Each Comcast Router/Modem should have its own respective dynamic IP address. How do I set this up so I use one wifi network name/password being broadcasted from each Airport Extreme?

For what it is worth, on the third floor I have a Apple Airport Express that is just extending the same wifi network from the main level.

If this isn't how you would set this up, what suggestions would you give?