Community Forum

150 m/s download speed poses issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Authorized Vendor

Re: 150 m/s download speed poses issues


JCPV wrote:

After the first device is connected and operating, none of the other devices that have a different BASE T value will connect.   Numerous device resets in differing order and even a factory reset on the modem do not help.  I am now back to my original configuration operating at 93m/sec.


Ok Let me understand this before ansewring the question, the facts are important here.. 

 

You have SB6141 --> Trendset TEG-S80g --> Device1

                                                                     --> Device2

If this is correct the Trendset TEG-S80g is just a switch and Comcast will only provide you with 1 Public IP address unless you are paying for more then 1 IP..

If I understand this correct you would need to do 1 of 2 things..

 

1) Put a router on the SB6141 and put the devices behind it

 

2) You would need pay for the multi-IP option..

 

Once again if I understand your setup the provisioning system is doing what it should and only hand out 1 IP address for your connection..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Regular Contributor

Re: 150 m/s download speed poses issues

Maybe try another cable?  I've got mixed 100/1000 devices in use and the lights register the different speeds but the 1gig ports go full throttle and the 100mb ports work fine as well.  I don't have anything in use that needs QOS though since I just use my cell for everything.  I've had my switch for countless years at this point and it's never been an issue.  I just got a new tv tonight though and went through all of the cabling to make sure things weren't a birds nest behind the tv.  Found an Ethernet cable that was dodgy and an HDMI cable that was flaking out with interference.  

 

I've got the same switch hooked up this way MB8600 <--> RT2600AC <--> Switch <--> multiple devices... actually not a free port on the thing at this point.

New Poster

150 m/s download speed poses issues

Comcast upgraded my internet only account from 100m/s to 150 m/s a few days ago. YEAH!..  I am using a Arris SB6141 modem, OOMA VOIP phones and Trendset TEG-S80g unmanged switch.  On the 100m/s connection, I had the OOOMA TELO box connected directly to the modem and everything else (WI FI, 1000 Base T MAC, AV System Pre/Pro etc) connected to the TELO through the Trendnet switch. All worked well.   However, the TELO will only pass 100m/s (actually about 93m/s), This connection was used to give VOIP priority over data.  To get the 150m/s into my network, I hooked the Trendnet switch directly to the Arris modem and then connected other devices to the outputs of the Trendnet.  That is when the problems started.  I can get only one device running--either my main computer connecting at 1000Base T or the OOOMA device connecting at 100BASE T.  After the first device is connected and operating, none of the other devices that have a different BASE T value will connect.   Numerous device resets in differing order and even a factory reset on the modem do not help.  I am now back to my original configuration operating at 93m/sec.