Community Forum

10.0.0.1 Login not working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

10.0.0.1 Login not working

I have tried logging into the 10.0.0.1 site using the default login (admin password) and keep getting authentication errors, i have tried holding the reset button down for over a minute but it seems like its only causing the gateway to power cycle as wifi devices can still login using the same password. I have no clue what the password for the routerlogin is as all my normal ones are being rejected.

Regular Contributor

Re: 10.0.0.1 Login not working

Could be:

admin/admin

admin/password

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Depends on which device you have though.  Also, if you're resetting the ideal length of time to purge the bad un/pw is holding the reset button for 30 seconds.

Expert

Re: 10.0.0.1 Login not working

Look like it is a Comcast supplied gateway device if the access IP address is 10.0.0.1

The default username is indeed admin and the default password is indeed password if it is.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!