Community Forum

software to interface with phone

Chuckb55
New Poster

software to interface with phone

I'm trying to interface with my phone modem so I can use the auto dailer feature from a program, here are the requirements. 

There are a few requirements you must meet before you are able to use the Dialer in ACT!. You must have a modem that shares a line with your telephone --or-- a telephone equipped with Telephone Application Programming Interface (TAPI) hardware and the appropriate telephone driver software installed on your computer. The Dialer uses TAPI technology included with Microsoft Windows. TAPI functions as a link between your computer and your modem or telephone. You must install and configure your modem.

I called xfininity support  today, got no we can't do that, I can't believe there is not a solution so my computer recognizes my phone line, any help on this would be great!

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

Re: software to interface with phone

Your computer would need to have an internal or external dial-up modem, and that would need to have its TEL LINE jack connected (either directly or through your home's phone wiring) to the eMTA or gateway device that provides your phone service.

Chuckb55
New Poster

Re: software to interface with phone

yes, this worked, Thanks!