Community Forum

phone will only ring once

New Poster

phone will only ring once

Able to place call but incoming calls ring once and then I hear three beeps.

Log says "recieved".

No equipment or service change.

calls show up on caller ID

?

Expert

Re: phone will only ring once

Sounds like you have Call Forwarding active.

Go to:

https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/

and go to Call Forwarding on the left side menu. You will then have the option to change the number of rings on your phone before it's forwarded or goes to voicemail, or otherwise modify any call forwarding settings. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

bilburnet -- Were you able to get this fixed with the information darkangelic provided?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

My home phone does the same thing. Rings once then disconnects. Call forwarding is disabled and I have rings before going to voicemail now set to the highest at 9 rings. Still not working...any other ideas?
New Poster

Hi,

I did fix my problem with no help from anybody on the internet including Comcast.

Turns out that there was some corrosion on the phone wall jack where the wires connected.

I cut and cleaned the wires and replaced the phone jack and it has worked fine ever since.

I am not sure what the line voltage should be but if you can have someone check it with a meter

(all of your phones and connections).  Evidently I was getting enough to ring the phone initially but

only one time.  Not sure why this is but that was the symptom and the fix for my issue.

I am curious to know if this is your issue or something else?

Good luck.

Bill B.

New Poster

I had the same issue on my phone.  It turns out this is a side-effect of the NOMOROBO service that Comcast has connected via a 3rd party partner.  If you have this enabled (you can see this from your Xfinity account under phone>Settings>Call Forwarding), I was told by tier 2 support that the phone will ring once - allowing the NOMOROBO to look up the caller - then immediately drop the call.  NOTE: No caller ID is even visible during the one ring.