Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

phone issue with new xfinity 1 service

Regular Visitor

phone issue with new xfinity 1 service

We just switched to Xfinity 1 with the voice remote and the phone and computer stayed the same.  now if you call our phone it states that the google subscriber you called is not available and please leave a message after the tone. i have call my home phone from work and my husband is there. it rings once then goes to voicemail but there is no voicemail to play.  we are not a google phone.   Xfinity does not see to understand the problem. spoke with about 6 foreign language folks and local person with no help what so ever at this time.    the oz

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

phone issues when calling my home

This happens to us also.  When my phone rings, it tells the caller the hears a message telling them the "google" customer is not available and to state their name.  None of these calls register on our caller ID and do not go to voicemail.

All Replies
New Poster

phone issues when calling my home

This happens to us also.  When my phone rings, it tells the caller the hears a message telling them the "google" customer is not available and to state their name.  None of these calls register on our caller ID and do not go to voicemail.

New Poster

Re: phone issues when calling my home

We have been having this exact same thing happen, too.  I read somewhere that it indicates your calls are being forwarded to somewhere, even though we never set up any call forwarding.  To fix it, I called *73 from the landline phone, and it told me 'call forwarding is off'; then I called my landline again from my cell phone, and it's back to ringing several times, and annoucing who the caller is before going to voice mail.  

Unfortunately I have no idea where the calls were being forwarded to for several weeks. ☹️