Community Forum

one modem for internet and one for VOIP

New Poster

one modem for internet and one for VOIP

Hello,

For years, I had one modem for internet and one modem for VOIP. It worked fine with no issues. Over the summer, I upgraded to 1000Mb service and used the Xfinity modem/router combo. I am thoroughly unimpressed with its performance, so I want to buy my own Gb modem. Looking at compatible devices on your webpage, I see none that are VOIP combos. 

That's fine with me, as long as I can go back to my previous solution of using the 2nd modem for VOIP. Looking through some of the other posts: it appears this might be a problem. So can someone from Comcast please let me know if I will be allowed to use a Docsis 3.1 for my internet and my old modem for VOIP? If not: it would appear that Comcast doesn't allow Gb internet and VOIP on their system unless you use their (inferior) equipment. 

Thanks

Mike Petronino

Official Employee

Re: one modem for internet and one for VOIP

You can use 2 separate modems, like you did previously.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, petronin. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. What ComcastAndrew said was correct. We understand people would like to use their own set up when it comes to the internet and not every set up will include a phone/emta on their own modem. If you would like me to get your account set up when you get the new modem, please send me a PM with your first and last name and I can further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, petronin. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.