Community Forum

Xfinity voice wiring diagram

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity voice wiring diagram

How are the voice features of the modem/router installed.  Does the phone signal come on the coax line to the router and then you attach a telephone cable to the wall phone outlet to feed all the other phones in the house and a wireless base unit?   Or does the phone signal come from the outside telephone box into the router?   Please explain.  ( I thought the coax cable handled the TV, Internet and phone signals but I may be wrong and need this explained further).   Thank you.

Ed 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity voice wiring diagram

the phone signal come on the coax line to the router and then you attach a telephone cable to the wall phone outlet to feed all the other phones in the house and a wireless base unit?
________
Generally it’s how you described
the phone signal come on the coax line to the router and then you attach a telephone cable to the wall phone outlet to feed all the other phones in the house and a wireless base unit?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the  quick reply.   You used the same words as I typed. 

So to make it clear - the coax cable brings into the house the TV, Internet and voice signals.  The router than allows the TV to get the signal, the Internet can be direct connect or wireless and the router sends the phone signal to anything - phone or base wireless system out by the phone cable attached to LINE 1.  Correct?

Official Employee

No not even close. Signal comes in through cable. Split to different equipment depending on services. Cable to cable boxes for video services. Cable to the modem/gateway. The gateway has dual internet/phone capability. Built in router for internet and phone ports for phone service. At that point you either have a phone plugged into the gateway or backfeed with a phone cord to a phone jack

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

biged3175 -- Thank you for using the Forums for your question, do you need any further assistance?

Regular Visitor

Thanks to all your feedback and explanations.  You have answered my questions.  Close this forum as far as inam concerned.

Official Employee

Absolutely and thank you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist.