Community Forum

XB6 Modem and telephone problem

New Poster

XB6 Modem and telephone problem

Had bad problems with dropping wifi constantly with XB3, even though I have Blast.  Today got a XB6 modem and the internet and wifi is good, but the phone will not connect.....someting about Panasonic phones????  Can someone figure this one out?  Why doesn't the phone work, but it works fine with XB3?

Expert

Re: XB6 Modem and telephone problem

Is the XB6 activated for voice as well. Call Comcast to make sure it is.
New Poster

They tell me I have activated voice but it doesn't work. Problem with Panasonic phones?
Problem Solver

I had one of those modems before purchasing my own. One thing to check is if the Tel1 or Tel2 light is on as that is one way of knowing if voice service is active on the modem. I don't think it would be a problem with the phone as my phones are Panisonic cordless ones and they work just fine.
Expert

@irarichardsmith wrote:
I had one of those modems before purchasing my own. One thing to check is if the Tel1 or Tel2 light is on as that is one way of knowing if voice service is active on the modem. I don't think it would be a problem with the phone as my phones are Panisonic cordless ones and they work just fine.

The XB6 does not have a Tel1 or Tel2 light. It’s just one status light at the top.

Expert

Here’s something to try as a test. Does plugging the phone into the Tel2 port work?

Problem Solver

I stand corrected, was thinking of the modem I bought and forgot the rental had only the one light. And in thinking about it, that rental I had to plug my phone into the line2 port for it to work. It wouldn't work in the line1 port.
New Poster

While the first phone technician said it was Panasonic phones, the Comcast tech who visited fixed the problem in 3 minutes. The new modem needs new phone wires from the phone to the modem. Now it works beautifully. Simple solution.