Community Forum

Why can't I port my current phone number with Verison to my Comcast/Xfinity phone service?

New Poster

Why can't I port my current phone number with Verison to my Comcast/Xfinity phone service?

I would like to port my current phone number with Verison to my Comcast/Xfinity phone service.  As I understand, it is impossible since the Verison address is different from the Comcast/Xfinity address.  My home is on a remote island and the nearest Verison address is 25 miles away and the closest Comcast/Xfinity service center is 45 miles away.  In a chat conversation, I was told that the address for my Comcast/Xfinity was the island.  Is there any way to save my current number and use it on my internet service with Comcast/Xfinity?

Official Employee

Re: Why can't I port my current phone number with Verison to my Comcast/Xfinity phone service?

EB101,  we can port the number as long as it is still active and the number is in the same rate center as your XFINITY residential account. 

If the Verizon phone number is in a different rate center than your XFINITY account, it cannot be ported. I can check. Please confirm your full name with me in private message for help. 

KenF