Community Forum

Very Frustrated with Porting Phone Number

Regular Visitor

Very Frustrated with Porting Phone Number

I don’t know if anyone can give me any advice on this. I switched to the triple play a couple of months ago and still can’t get my phone number ported. I had the triple play years ago with this phone number, moved the phone number over to Vonage for several years but have recently been unhappy with them and decided to get the triple play again. Comcast keeps telling me that the address associated with my phone number is not my current address but I can prove with documents from vonage that it is. Keeping the same phone number is very important to me as I have my elderly mother living with me who is a little forgetful. Right now I’m paying for vonage and triple play and just keep getting stonewalled.

Official Employee

Re: Very Frustrated with Porting Phone Number

It sounds like it is possible that now you aren’t in the proper rate center (necessary for 911). If that’s the case, your number can’t be ported. I’ve escalated this up to a colleague who will be able to see if that’s the case.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Very Frustrated with Porting Phone Number

Hi @Amy74

Sorry for the experience you're having trying to port your number back over. @ComcastAndrew is correct. I'd be happy to confirm whether or not this is the case. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!