Community Forum

Spoofed Calls

Frequent Visitor

Spoofed Calls

Since my last question got kicked off for circumventing language filters I will try again. 

Why is Comcast not blocking spoofed calls to my house?  I am enrolled in Nomorobo and on the Do Not Call list. Comcast is the one charging me for phone service that is not performing acceptably. They are aware that customers are being harrassed and they have the power to stop it. They choose not to so they are an accomplice to a crime. 

Can anyone help me stop these calls?

Maybe the language cops should answer more and worry about blank spaces less. 

Official Employee

Re: Spoofed Calls

Hi @Jtrad4

Please follow the steps below to set up Nomorobo. You can find this information here.

Set up Nomorobo through Xfinity Connect

To set up Nomorobo with your Xfinity Voice service:

1. Go to https://www.nomorobo.com/signup and follow instructions for signing up.
    • Complete Step 1 by choosing Comcast XFINITY as the Carrier. Complete Step 2 by entering your email address and clicking Next. You will receive an email with a link to activate the Nomorobo service. Click on the link and continue as directed.
      Steps 1 and 2 with dropdown for Carrier and free-form space to enter email.

2. When you reach the Setup Your Carrier step on Nomorobo's website, go to Xfinity Connect.
  3. Sign in using your primary Xfinity username and password, and then select the Voicetab.
  4. Click the settings wheel at top right and select Settings.
  5. Enter the Nomorobo phone number (provided by Nomorobo during setup) into the Advanced Call Forwarding field and select Add.
    • Make sure that the Nomorobo phone number is not the only number listed in this section.
    • Your home phone number should also be listed as a default. Otherwise, callers may get a busy signal when calling your home phone.
    • The number of Rings before voicemail should match the rings for your home number. The service automatically terminates calls after one ring.
      From here, you can adjust how many times the phone rings before terminating.

6. After you have completed those steps, go back to the Nomorobo website. Go to Your Phones and click the Test button next to your number. Then select I'm ready. Call me now to perform a test call.
    • You will receive a call to verify that the service is set up correctly. Wait until the third ring to pick up the phone.

Nomorobo will then screen incoming phone calls to your Xfinity Voice telephone number and automatically hang up if a call is determined to be from an illegal robocaller or telemarketer. Your phone will ring once, letting you know that the robocall has been stopped.

Frequent Visitor

I am already signed up with Nomorobo. I still get calls.
Official Employee

After you receive one of these calls can you try the following and let me know if this helps?

Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *77 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.

Are you given any prompts to block the callers then? 

Frequent Visitor

My anonymous call rejection is, and has been activated for some time. These calls show a number but the number is a spoofed number belonging to someone else. 

Frequent Visitor

I have more information that I gathered from the Senate Commerce Committee hearing on the prosecution of a large call spoofer, Adrian Abramovich. He said, “Clearly regulation needs to address the carriers and providers and require the major carriers to detect robocalls activity,” Abramovich said in testimony submitted in advance to the Senate Commerce Committee. Even the criminals acknowledge that Comcast and other serive providers are not doing their jobs to block robocalls and spoofed number calls. 

What say you Comcast?  Are you lying to your customers?

Official Employee

Hello, Jtrad4 - 

For this issue, please contact our Comcast Security Assurance (CSA) team at 1.888.565.4329. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I have already contacted them and I was told that there was nothing they could do. I told them that I didn’t believe it but nonetheless the representative told me it was true. I appreciate you trying to help me though.
Official Employee

Thank you for trying that. Because you're already on the Do Not Call List, there is not much more we could do in terms of blocking those specific calls. If you don't already do this, please make sure to follow these steps if you receive another Robocall: 

• Do not answer the phone
  • If you do answer the phone, do not answer any questions
  • Do not give out any personal information
  • Do not press any buttons while on the phone call - just hang up
  • Use caution if you feel pressured 
  • Use a password for your voicemail box 

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your help but that is why I posted the illegal caller’s quote. He says that the providers need to do more to stop it but the providers are saying they can’t. Someone is not being transparent and truthful.
Frequent Visitor

Good Afternoon ComcastAlly,

Today I received a call from a local number and was asked questions about my credit cards. When I asked who was calling the woman on the other end began asking more quesitons. When I failed to answer she said "That's why your d--- little", and hung up. Why do I have to endure personal insults now? Comcast needs to do more to stop these.