Community Forum

Re: Phone Port

Regular Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem, I bought a new LG X charge (the cheapest because I wasn't sure if the port is going to work) about 1 month ago, and I called Xfinity to start the port, the number that I want to transfer to Xfinity is coming from phonenumberguy and same problem, phonenumberguy told me that Xfinity didn't use the correct info, this is what they told me:

"For some reason they (Xfinity) are submitting CATALYST at the name on the account.

The rejection was for Invalid Authorization Name :

AUTHNM: CATALYST

Please have the winning carrier correct this and resubmit."

And after Xfinity start the port processing I can't make or receive any calls since then. When I try to make a call a Verizon answer machine shows up Smiley Sad

More than 5 calls to customer service to Xfinity and nothing.

Anyone who can help us?

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

ccc300, catalyst is a system tool we use for XFINITY Mobile so I'm not sure why that is in the port info. Let's try to clean this up. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number associated with your residential services for help. 

KenF

Official Employee

Hi ccc300,  thank you for the private message and glad to hear your number was ported and everything is working.  Please let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you for your time!