Community Forum

Re: How do I Disable Text Messaging?

New Poster

I have the same question. People often mistakenly text me on my home phone number and I don't see it for days. I want want to turn off this function.

Official Employee

sphough, the text message feature is activated via XFINITY Connect /Voice2Go. You can adjust your preferences there to disable text messages. Once you're in the portal, you can navigate to the menu screen and then tap "call preferences/preferences". There should be an option to toggle text messages there. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Can’t figure it out. I went to comcast.com and logged into my account and went to voice and settings. Under voice2go there is nothing about text messaging. And nothing in the connect app either to disable text.
Official Employee

Thanks for confirming. Hmm, let's figure this out. Do you see any language regarding "Voice2Go"? You can try disabling that to see if it disables the text messaging as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Are you talking about on the computer thru the Comcast web site or on the xfinity connect app on my phone? If on the computer I do see xfinity connect and a tab for voice and one for text. and under voice settings, there is a tab for voice2go. There is no disable option. Under text there is only the option to send or reply to a text. Under text settings there is only the option to take a guided tour.
New Poster

I am still waiting for a resolution to this problem
Official Employee

sphough, let's try a few things on the back end. Removing the text messaging feature could possibly disable a few other features like advanced call forwarding. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can look into this further. 

New Poster

How do I send a private message?
Official Employee

Just click on my name (ComcastKenF) and then click private message me. I believe it is on the right hand side of the screen after your click my name. 

New Poster

right clicking on your name  does not bring up a private message option. But are you saying that in fact there is no way to disable text messaging without turning off other voice-related features? That's suprising given that others at Comcast have said how simple it is to turn it off under "preferences."

Official Employee

sphough, I reached out to a colleague of mine and was told that it is possible but it would mean removing some other call features. I've seen other posts on the forums regarding turning off the feature under "preferences" but I believe that only disabled the notifications of the text messages and not the feature itself. 

KenF

New Poster

I believe that is correct. If i can find out what other features have to be disabled maybe I would.
Official Employee

OK cool. I'll check in with my coworker next week to confirm and I'll let you know. Chat soon.

KenF

Official Employee

sphough, voice2go and advanced call forwarding would be removed. It can be reactivated (should you want those features again).

KenF

New Poster

From all I can find out from tech support, this is not a feature. If not possible, perhaps an auto reply option would allow us to reply that this number is not being monitored for texting. Call or email to....