Community Forum

Pressing TALK makes sound like I have msg waiting (dial*99) but are none.

Frequent Visitor

Pressing TALK makes sound like I have msg waiting (dial*99) but are none.

New landline phone, but when I press TALK to make a normal call I ALWAYS get signal that I have a message(s) waiting. I dial *99 and am told "no new messages" every time! How do I stop it from doing this?

Official Employee

Re: Pressing TALK makes sound like I have msg waiting (dial*99) but are none.

Hello, 71senior. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having this issue with the voicemail indicator. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Pressing TALK makes sound like I have msg waiting (dial*99) but are none.

I'm glad I was able to assist you, 71senior. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!