Community Forum

Porting Vonage Number to Xfinity

New Poster

I'm desperately seeking ComcastElla to help me port my vonage number. The sales rep that sold me the triple play package insisted this was possible, only for me to find out by Xfinity tech support that it can't be done. My online research lets me know that it's possible if I can get a determined Xfinity employee to help me. Thanks!!
{edited: PII}

Official Employee

Re: Porting Vonage Number to Xfinity

Hi there, AnuTay. Welcome and thank you for posting. This will depend completely upon the rate center that the phone number belongs to. I can look into this for you and let you know one way or the other. Please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

HI all,

I need to port number into xfinity. Was promised it would work presale. Now post sale/installaion it does not work. How do I get a number that is supposedly in a different rate center transfer over to xfinity.

every other provider in the area can accept the number (att, sprint and verizon).

Not sure I understand the issue. 

Official Employee

AnuTay ~ Most other large landline phone providers do have rate center restrictions, although there is a handful that don't. Please send me a private message with your name and the phone number in question and I will check your area/account to determine what your portability options are.

o send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was also assured by sales person that porting Vonage number to Comcast voice was possible and "everybody is doing it". So here I am without phone service with Comcast, while paying both bills for Vonage and Comcast. I requested the port on 12/31, signed form online to port, including the E911 notice, plus did that again over the phone. I already called customer service and they just tell me I have to wait, I have no idea where in the process this porting is. I there a place to check on status of porting?

Frequent Visitor

I ad the same issue.  Stated that the number is not assinged from the same "Rate Center". As such cannot be ported over. This veery disappointing as I was promised it would not be a problem, pre-sale. 

Post sale it is a completely different story.  

Need to get their act together.

Official Employee

Hi, MrC7. I can absolutely check the port status for you. Please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

New Poster

It turns out the porting of the number didn't start until I plugged in the new cable modem. I was still using my old cable modem and for some reason Comcast thinks my account was not active yet, while in fact I have been customer for more than 20 years.

The port happening in a few minutes after connecting the cable modem, phone service is now working as expected.

New Poster

Hi ComcastMorgan, is there a way to check if a Vonage number can be ported before I sign up for the voice service with you guys?

thanks