Community Forum

Porting Number From Mobile

Frequent Visitor

Porting Number From Mobile

I'm porting a number from my old mobile carrier (Google Fi) into Xfinity Voice.  The port was to have been completed on 9/2, (Confirmed by Text on 9/2) then again after another help request chat  on 9/3.  Today, using Xfinity Connect's Voice2Go I can make calls and texts out, but cannot recieve calls or texts; those still go to my old mobile carrier.  In addition, the old carrier shows the number working with a the transfer still pending.  During a chat secession today I was told that it might take another 24-48 hours to finish and the rep indicated that both of the previous completion dates were mis-caculated the completion and that it should have been 9/5 all along - the port was requested on 8/26 as I recall.  Needless to say, I don't feel very confident that any further progress is to be expected on the completion of my port.  Each rep seems to want to add time and not actually find the problem.  Is there anything that can be done?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Porting Number From Mobile

After a rather lenghty chat with Ernie Vill I finally have everything working.  I have to really applaid this chat rep.  When the chat unexpectedly failed he called me on the landline and continued to work to get the problems resolved.  It's really great to know that service at that level is still possible - and niceer still to have Xfinity Voice and Voice2Go working on all of my devices.

My problem is resolved.