Community Forum

Port from Vonage to X1 Voice - time to completion?

Regular Visitor

Port from Vonage to X1 Voice - time to completion?

Hello:

I recently upgraded to X1 Triple play a week ago.  As of today, internet and TV services on upgraded plan.  Phone is messy thought.  I am currently able to make outbound calls using the Xfinity Connect app AND Vonage BUT all inbound calls are being received by Vonage still. 

I disconnected the Vonage modem from the cable modem and connected the phone directly but was getting a "Check Tel Line" error on my landline phones. 

How long does it take for the port to be completed as I do not want to get charged by Vonage again on the 27th this month.

Official Employee

Re: Port from Vonage to X1 Voice - time to completion?

If the port was able to be completed it’s usually 3-5 business days. I would call in to confirm it was able to be ported, not all numbers are. On your modem, what is the Tel 1 light doing? And do you have your phone plugged into the tel 1 port on the modem?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I had the phone plugged directly to the modem for about an hour and the entire time it never changed and phone handsets showed check tel line.  It's just weird that I am able to make outbound calls on the Connect App under the number to be ported but all inbound calls to the number is still being received by Vonage.  I'll have to make the dreaded phone call to check Smiley Sad

Official Employee

And the lights on your modem?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

ETA Tel 1 number NEVER lit up during the 1 hour I had it plugged in after a modem reboot.  

Official Employee

If no lights, the modem isn’t fully provisioned. That’s why it works on the app but not in house

Regular Visitor

How do I get it provisioned?  When I signed up for the ugprade in store, the agent added my modem in the system.  The same serial number/info actually shows up for both internet and phone on the app.