Community Forum

Phones lite up, saying incoming call but no ring for ~ 6-10 seconds.

Valued Contributor

Phones lite up, saying incoming call but no ring for ~ 6-10 seconds.

With in the past week we have been seeing an issue where our phones are saying incoming call, TV even shows it on the screen, but the phones do not ring for anywhere from 6-10 seconds after we are seeing that a call is coming in.   As I noted this just started in the past week and there has been no changes to any equipment etc. at our local.  Additionally, I can pick up the phone before it actually rings (did this several times to see what would happen) have to say hello 2-3 times before the calling party hears me (this issue has been going on for ~ 4 years comcast said I have to live with it as they can't fix it).   Has anyone else seen this recent issue?????

Official Employee

Re: Phones lite up, saying incoming call but no ring for ~ 6-10 seconds.

Hi @fedup978

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I haven't had any recent reports of issues like this but would be more than happy to review your account to see if there is any way I can help resolve this. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

xxxxxxxx

Valued Contributor

The issue continues, it is happening on long distance calls from other carriers systems and on calls coming from within the local comcast system in town.  The saga goes on...

Official Employee

Hey @fedup978

I've replied to your private message with a few questions that will help us get this resolved. Please reply when you have a moment. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!