Community Forum

Phone

New Poster

Phone

I have mine landline plugged into modem can I use a wireless phone plugged into a phone jack will I get service

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Phone

If the cordless phone's base unit has power and you plug it into a jack that connects to the Comcast phone modem or modem/router/eMTA gateway device, the cordless phone should work.

Official Employee

Hello, Eppley2. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. In order for the wall jacks to work, you would need to plug a phone line from the wall jack to tel 1 or 2 in the back of the modem. As long as the internal wiring is in working order it should work. If you still find yourself running into issues, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Eppley2. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!