Community Forum

Phone jack issue

New Poster

Phone jack issue

Hello,

I recently finished a room in my basement and junctioned and ran an additional phone line from the jack where the cable modem was in our office. Both the jack in the office and the new jack in the basement work, but the jack in our bedroom is dead. I’m baffled on why this would be. NOTHING else has been changed besides connecting the wiring and running the new line. Does anyone have any ideas on why a previously fine jack would not be functional now and how I might resolve it? Thanks!
Official Employee

Re: Phone jack issue

@Jlijoi wrote:
Hello,

I recently finished a room in my basement and junctioned and ran an additional phone line from the jack where the cable modem was in our office. Both the jack in the office and the new jack in the basement work, but the jack in our bedroom is dead. I’m baffled on why this would be. NOTHING else has been changed besides connecting the wiring and running the new line. Does anyone have any ideas on why a previously fine jack would not be functional now and how I might resolve it? Thanks!

Where's the third set of wires located? In the office jack? Double check your wiring

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The third line is the new one I ran in the basement office. I’m going from an 8 wire that was in the house to six wire in the new line to a four wire jack outlet. Is there a better way?
Official Employee

You really just need to check the wiring that feeds the non working room. Could be a broken wire, a wire not making a connection etc.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!