Community Forum

Phone Service Cuts Out

Frequent Visitor

Phone Service Cuts Out

I'm almost at the point to drop phone service through Xfinity. Our phone will regularly drop calls. While on a call all of a sudden the other person cannot hear us. This sometimes happens a minute or two into the call, sometimes 20 or 30 minutes into a call. Today my wife was on a call and it dropped, I check my phone wi-fi and it stated "limited Internet connectivity." We also have bad connections where they can still hear us but poorly.

We have a Cisco DPC3941T Modem.

I've had a Comcast tech out to the house twice. First time he changed all the DMARC equipment. The dropped calls stared again a week or so Last Monday, we had another tech out and he replaced the TV DVR. This is really getting frustrating.

Official Employee

Re: Phone Service Cuts Out

Hello Mike5412. I performed a diagnostic health check on your modem, and you are currently getting degraded signal. This is certainly affecting your phone call stability and clarity. I can assist with scheduling another technician visit so we can get this resolved for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, just sent you a PM.

Official Employee

You're very welcome. I was able to get you scheduled for a technician visit on Wednesday 12/13/2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm. Please let me know if that works for you, or if not I can help you reschedule. I added the notes of my findings to the pending job. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. My calls constantly drop. I have Dect 6.0 cordless phones and a brand new Arris SVG2482AC modem, so that's not the problem. My internet speed is excellent. What's the problem?
Frequent Visitor

Had another technician out five days ago. Turns out the connection to my house at the street box was really corroded. The tech replaced that and I haven't had an issue since.

Official Employee

Hi sheilarae74, 

I can help look into your phone issues. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.