Community Forum

One phone, two lit phone lights on modem

New Poster

One phone, two lit phone lights on modem

I have a dual band xfinity wifi modem 802.11ac XB3 since it was installed, about once a week. BOTH phone lights on the modem are lit up. I only have ONE phone. I can restart the modem and the second phone light disappears for a while, but it always comes back (solid, not blinking). I did some research on the forums last night and noticed others were having issues ONE YEAR AGO! It was diagnosed as a "bug". Well, shouldn't that bug have been fixed by now? or once a bug, always a bug and a shrug of the shoulders? I find this unsettling that xfinity has not found a fix after a year? Does someone have access to my phone? can someone be highjacking my outside line?
Regular Visitor

Re: One phone, two lit phone lights on modem

Having the same problem with my wireless gateway.  One phone line, but two lights lit on gateway.  Looks like another year has passed without this problem being resolved.

New Poster

And yet, another year has passed with no resolve. When I had to have the technician back out, he told me that often, comcast recycles their modems and it is just a glitch in the software. He said that no one highjacked my phone and no one was "using" my phone. He assured me it was nothing to worry about (other than my ocd self going crazy over the two lights......LOL my words, not his). When I get the two lights, I go to comcast wireless in my account and reset the modem. I know it is only a temp fix but it makes me feel better Smiley Happy

Official Employee Digital Care

Hi there, KrisitHugz and Logoner. KrisitHugz ~ thanks for posting an update on the situation with the lights on your modem and the fact that the issue seems to continue. I can understand where you're coming from on the fact that it simply bothers you, even though you know it's not actually causing a problem with your service. There might  be something we can do in the phone switch on the back-end here to rectify this for you guys. No guarantees, but we would be happy to give it a try. Let us know if you're open to it! Please also let us know which models of modems you're using. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!