Community Forum

Non Working Number Announcement to Incoming callers

New Poster

Non Working Number Announcement to Incoming callers

This just started yesterday. Unable to receive incoming calls. Callers receive the following announcement : "you have reached a non working number, announcement 14, switch 58-1." Have unplugged, rebotted several times. Have contacted Comcast - no help. This is not a new phone number, have had it for years with Comcast Voice service. Have not moved, so not a transport of number to new location. Voice messages work. Outgoing calls can be made. Any solution? Any thoughts appreciated. Waiting for Comcast to contact me  - said problem moved up the chain. Thank you. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Phone Service

New Poster

Thank you for any help. I should add that I checked to make sure that blocked call features were not activated. They are not, so this should not be the issue, assuming it could be in any event. Finally, only change made prior to the problem/announcement starting was that I activated the email notice re voice message received and ability to listen to attached voice messages.  I will deactivate this to at least make sure that the initial activation did not cause the problem. However, can't imagine why the activation would cause this issue. Thank you. 

Official Employee

Hi frustrated1999, I am showing everything is provisioned in the switch correctly.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Visitor

Re: Comcast Phone Service - You Have Reached a Non Working Number Announcement

Has this been resolved?  I am experiencing the same problem.  Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

FCT wrote:

Has this been resolved?  I am experiencing the same problem.  Thanks!

Is this new service?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Visitor

Yes.  I can call out but cannot receive incoming calls.  When I dial my number I get you have a reached a non working number. 

Official Employee

Hi FCT, I am showing that you called in regarding this issue, are you still needing assistance?

thank you