Community Forum

No Dial Tone on Phones

Frequent Visitor

No Dial Tone on Phones

The only phone I have a dial tone and it rings is the phone that is connected to the xfinity modem. The cordless and the phone that is hooked into a telephone jack have no dial tone. On 1/18/19 I the cordless was working at 10 p.m. 01/19/19 heard phone ringing and the only phone ringing was the phone connected to the xfinity modem. Called comcast this morning regarding problem. Reset of the modem and signals were sent; nothing helped. Asked the first agent if there were other calls regarding issues with phone outages. Agent put me on hold and was disconnected while on hold. Called comcast back and the new agent sent signal but still could not get phones working.  Have a tech coming out. Logged on here and saw where other people are having phone issues also. So there must be an issue but maybe not a widespread issue. 

Did anyone get their issue resolved without having a tech come to their house?

Official Employee

Re: No Dial Tone on Phones

It’s nothing that’s widespread, especially if you have the phone coming out of the modem working. Is there a phone line splitter being used?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: No Dial Tone on Phones

Yes, the tech that came to the house last year when I was having issues put the splitter on the back of the modem with the telephone line and the line that is hooked into the telephone jack into it. Before the splitter was hooked directly into the telelphone jack with both lines coming out of it. The splitter is my personal property. I unplugged the phone line that is in the Tel Line 1 jack in back of the Xfinity modem into the Tel Line 2 jack and got a dial tone. I thought that if you had one phone number with Xfinity only Tel Line 1 would work. Why is Tel Line 2 working with the same phone number? The Tel light 2 on the modem is not lit; only the Tel light 1 is lit.