Community Forum

Modem restarts after receiving a call that leave a message

New Poster

Modem restarts after receiving a call that leave a message

I have TV, Internet and phone service with Comcast and this just started.  My modem restarts when I receive a call.  I occurs when someone leaves a message and sometimes it occurs when I get a call.  Anyone having this prolem.

Regular Visitor

Re: Modem restarts after receiving a call that leave a message

This has started happening to me as well.  I upgraded to a Cisco DPC3941t gateway back in February when changed out my old DVR to a 4k box.  I first noticed it resetting after a phone call about 2 weeks ago.  Since then it has been happening more frequently.  It happens not only when a caller leaves a message but seems to happen more often when the caller hangs up first rather than me.  Has anyone found a cure for this??

New Poster

I am having the same problem, too.  Besides restarting sometimes after leaving a message, it restarts after receiving a call.  It does not happen every time so it is hard to determine what is causing it.  It is happening at least twice a day - very annoying.  I am wondering if I should take the modem back to Comcast and get a new one.  

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem.

Regular Visitor

Any progress in finding a reason or cure for this?  It happened to me again yesterday.  Seems to happen more often when the caller is the one who hangs up first  or calls where the voice mail picks up.  

New Poster

Still no resolution.  Does Comcast support look at these posts?  

Frequent Visitor

Comcast and I went through diagnostics, and they figured my modem was bad. I replaced it and all is good!  No more resets.

Regular Visitor

Traded my Cisco DPC3941t gateway for an Arris TG1862G yesterday,  No unwanted restarts so far, but still too early to tell for sure. 

New Poster

I went to the Xfinity store yesterday and got a new modem.  We will see if I have any more problems.  It's been less than 24 hours so time will tell.

Frequent Visitor

Still good, no resets!

New Poster

My Xfinity modem DPC3941T resets after phone calls, not every call, but happens several times a day after phone calls.

Looks like a lot of people are having the same issue, the comast technician has no clue that the problem exists.

Reseting the modem does not help.  Got the modem in Dec. after switiching to xfinity,  problem started in March. 

Comast keep providing refurbished equipment. 

We went through 3 TV refubrished boxs and then after insisting on a new one, that problem is solved.

Now have to go to the store and insist on getting a new modem.

If I ask them to ship a new one they say I have to pay for the shipping, what a shame.

New Poster

I took my modem back to the Xfinity store and got a new one.  About 24 hours later the modem restarted its self.  It has only restarted once after that.  I think there is a problem with Xfinity somewhere.  It's been over a week now and no restart. I would like to think my problem is resolved with the new modem but I am not sure since it has restarted twice since I exchanged it.