Community Forum

Landline calls drop on All Phones

New Poster

Landline calls drop on All Phones

Very frustrating.  It usually is on longer calls, but many drop anywhere from 5-15 minutes and I get a busy signal.  Been on some important calls and some where I was dealing with support issues on turbo tax and lately an important one doing financial transactions with my planner.  Very frustrating.  It's happened on all my phones, even the one plugged into my modem.  I see from googling this subject, that this is quite common.  When I went into My Account App, it asked me to reset my modem.  I did this, but my modem has been reset already many times remotely from Comcast tech support for other issues.  Anyhow, I really don't think I should have to pay for phone service if Comcast can not provide reliable service.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Landline calls drop on All Phones

Hi - My new landline drops calls at 20-25 minutes, over and over.

@BHS1960 wrote:

Very frustrating.  It usually is on longer calls, but many drop anywhere from 5-15 minutes and I get a busy signal.  Been on some important calls and some where I was dealing with support issues on turbo tax and lately an important one doing financial transactions with my planner.  Very frustrating.  It's happened on all my phones, even the one plugged into my modem.  I see from googling this subject, that this is quite common.  When I went into My Account App, it asked me to reset my modem.  I did this, but my modem has been reset already many times remotely from Comcast tech support for other issues.  Anyhow, I really don't think I should have to pay for phone service if Comcast can not provide reliable service.

Have brand new modem

Have new cable run from modem in my house to green box in yard

Green box repaired last week. 

Problem still happened today 2 times in one call. 

Xfinity - please help to fix ythis problem, Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Have brand new cable - run from house to green box. 

Told need to bury cable.  Burrying brand new cable will not fix problem

Frequent Visitor

Have talked to Customer Service Center and 2 times technicias have come to the house in last months - calls still drops on landline

Official Employee

Hi carolo2222, thank you for reaching out here on our Community Forums and I would like to look into your phone service issue.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Phil - How do I send you a private message?  Call the help desk twice this week, no follow-up action. Dissapointing.  Can you send me a message to me on comcast email.

Frequent Visitor

Have new landline - calls drops at 20-25 minutes

Have new modem
Have new cable from modem in house all the way to green box outside
Green box repaired last week

2 service techs to house in last week
Contacted call center
Went to nearby service center recently

Calls still drop at 20-25 minutes

Told today need to bury new cable in yard, above or below ground cable is new and was just replaced

I would really appreciate help to be able to have landline call over 30 minutes, Wifi also drops calls several times in conversations yesterday.

Called the help desk twice this week, no follow-up yet.

Maybe someone in Rich Jennings division can help - I live in Colorado.

https://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/leadership-overview/rich-jennings

Just hoping to get line fixed.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Case CR846454673.  Someone to come out on 5/19.