Community Forum

Land line phone

New Poster

Land line phone

My phone is with Comcast and Xfinity, my question is: why are the phone numbers of the incoming calls NOT the the name of the person that is actually making the call.?? I hope you can answer this and fix the problem. When I don't recognize the name, I seldom answer, but am finding that the name on the number is not the correct name for that number. Is someone using the number of a person that has  NO idea that his number is being used by someone else ???This needs to be STOPPED. Thank You.

Official Employee

Re: Land line phone

Hi @2317

Thanks for using the forums to bring this to our attention. I'm not aware of any known issues related to what you reported, but I'd be happy to look into it. I also want to check a few things on the backend of your account. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Land line phone

Hi @2317

I haven't heard back from you, and am hoping you were able to get this resolved. Since I was not able to confirm, I am going to close this thread. If you are still seeing a mismatch of information being shown on the caller ID and who's actually calling, please send me a private message so I can investigate further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!