Community Forum

Intermittent Phone Issues - Party on other line cannot hear me

Frequent Visitor

Intermittent Phone Issues - Party on other line cannot hear me

I recently started having problems with the people I'm talking to not being able to hear me. It happens intermitently. I can hear the person on the other end fine, but they say the line just goes dead on their end, but usually only for a few seconds, then they can hear me again. I haven't been able to pin down any type of pattern. I'm hoping you can check for signal issues. It happens on at least two phones in the house. I also wonder if the splitter used on my modem may be getting old? Can that cause issues? Thanks for any help, Carolyn
Official Employee

Re: Intermittent Phone Issues - Party on other line cannot hear me

Hi, Carolyn49 - Thank you for posting publicly. I will check your RF signals and will reply back in PM.

New Poster

I am having the same problems. This has been going on for several weeks now and is very frustrating. Please let me know if there is a solution to fix this issue. Thank you.
Official Employee

Hi, Howellc114 - I can definitely check what is causing issues with your phone service. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click  Send a message.  

New Poster

I am having the same problem only they try calling back and eaither they get ny voicemail or a busy signal or I pick it up and nothing or either end.

Official Employee

Hi, 894ever -Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. I will check if there are any issues with the RF signal levels or any known issues with the phone services. 

Valued Contributor

I have had this issue for the last 4 years, people can't hear me for 2-3 hellos when they call in.  Service had been out at my location many times for a year and I was told that it was a node issue in my area.  It is intermittent sometimes.  Also during a call the line will just drop as if either party hung up.  the VOIP network appears to be very buggy.  Support ended up saying that we would have to live with it until they did some node work, that was 3 years ago.  Not very happy with the service and what we are being charged makes it like salt in a wound.

Official Employee

Hi, fedup978 - I can check what is going on in your area and check if we have any available promotions to lower your current bill. Please send me a private message with the information I mentioned above. 

Valued Contributor

PM Sent 7-25-18 at 7:13