Community Forum

Incoming calls go directly to Xfinity voicemail

New Poster

Incoming calls go directly to Xfinity voicemail

Twice in the last few months we've had a situation where incoming calls were going straight to Xfinity voicemail, even though nobody was on the phone in the house.  We could make outgoing calls, but could not receive incoming calls.

Happily it is fixed by rebooting the gateway.  However, this could be a big issue for us.

Now, I have a cellphone, so no big deal for me.  My wife uses the land line, so if I'm out and need to call her with this happening, there's no way she would know that I was trying to contact her.

What is causing the problem, and how do we avoid it in the future?

Official Employee

Re: Incoming calls go directly to Xfinity voicemail

Hello whereupon. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with troubleshooting your incoming calls issue. To get started, please send me a private message and verify your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!