Community Forum

I am getting calls from my own number?

New Poster

I am getting calls from my own number?

I have received two calls showing my own caller I’d. I try to answer and all I here is “Goodbye “. How is it possible? I’m at home and only one phone...?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: I am getting calls from my own number?

Those kinds of calls are usually placed by scammers using a fake caller ID. For more information see any of the many article links at https://www.google.com/search?q=caller+id+my+own+number, for example, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/getting-calls-your-own-number.

Official Employee

Hello, Mitsusray. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know it can be frustrating when you get a call that appears to be your own. Ranks up there with getting a call from unknown. What BruceW has pointed out is correct. From time to time someone will spoof your number and reach out to you to see if it's a valid number. In your case, it sounds like it was an automated system as it just says "goodbye" when you answered. If you still require assistance, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastMichael wrote:

Hello, Mitsusray. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know it can be frustrating when you get a call that appears to be your own. Ranks up there with getting a call from unknown. What BruceW has pointed out is correct. From time to time someone will spoof your number and reach out to you to see if it's a valid number. In your case, it sounds like it was an automated system as it just says "goodbye" when you answered. If you still require assistance, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

Let me give you one to make you laugh -- earlier today my phone rang, and the Caller ID said, "ILLEGAL SCAM".  Talk about truth in advertising! 

Official Employee

Hello, Mitsusray. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!