Community Forum

Home Phone Help

New Poster

Home Phone Help

Hello, so as of until now my comcast modem/router has been in my office downstairs, which is where my main home phone/answering machine is. My home phone was plugged into my rj11 outlet in the office and also plugged into my modem. Is there a way to not have to plug the phone into the modem? My bedroom Dosent have an rj11 outlet, but my moms does, but she Dosent want a cord running from the modem in my room to the phone in hers. Can I order just like some sort of phone modem from Comcast that I can have in my office so that I can keep my phone in there? I really want to keep my router up in my room where I just moved it to, so I can use Ethernet on my PC. If you guys have any suggestions let my know.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Home Phone Help

@Thedoverfamily wrote:
Hello, so as of until now my comcast modem/router has been in my office downstairs, which is where my main home phone/answering machine is. My home phone was plugged into my rj11 outlet in the office and also plugged into my modem. Is there a way to not have to plug the phone into the modem? My bedroom Dosent have an rj11 outlet, but my moms does, but she Dosent want a cord running from the modem in my room to the phone in hers. Can I order just like some sort of phone modem from Comcast that I can have in my office so that I can keep my phone in there? I really want to keep my router up in my room where I just moved it to, so I can use Ethernet on my PC. If you guys have any suggestions let my know.

Your best bet is to visit your local Service center and inquire if an EMTA modem and Internet modem is do-able in your geographic location.   Additionally, if you could have an electrician or low voltage technician run new wiring and "link" all of your home phone wiring together that would also be feasiible.