Community Forum

Help for hearing impaired

Frequent Visitor

Help for hearing impaired

Need something for my husband who has trouble hearing on the phone. Is there something from Comcast, beside speaker phone. Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Help for hearing impaired

Sorry,no, Comcast doesn’t supply personal phone equipment

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for responding quickly to my previous question. Also how does 711 work, is it just for dialed calls

Official Employee

Hi @1pen2yap3muf

Based on the information I was able to locate, from my understanding, a person with hearing and speech disabilities will dial 711 to contact a TRS communications assistant, who facilitates the call with the other party. The caller will give the assistant the number he or she wants to call. When the other party answers, the assistant will ask, “Hello, this is the relay service. Have you received a relay call before?” The assistant then acts as an intermediary, relaying the text of the caller in -voice to the other party, and converting back what the other party said to text for the caller.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I understand 711, we have dialed that. Incoming calls are a problem. Thanks for your info

Official Employee

Of course. Let us know what others questions you have, if any. Thanks for your time.