Community Forum

Gateway for xfinity triple play

New Poster

Gateway for xfinity triple play

I'm having xfinity installed next week and want to provide my own equipment.  I'm getting TV, internet, and telephone. Any recommendations on modem/router?

Problem Solver

Re: Gateway for xfinity triple play

The first step that I would suggest to you is to visit your local Comcast store and verify with them that your particular franchise will allow you to own your own eMTA enabled device for the Voice Service.  I advise that because I have been given the same advice by those with more experieince here on these forums as there apparently are some franchises that do not permit you to own your own device.

If you can own your own device, then the second step I would suggest to you is to visit the page at https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ where you can input your zip code and internet speed tier that you are signing up for.  When the initial page of devices is returned to you, on the left hand side of the screen be sure to check the voice or phone enabled devices option so that it will dispaly to you only those options that have the eMTA device in them for the  Voice Service. 

Hope this helps you out.

Contributor

Re: Gateway for xfinity triple play

With the caveat that it's always best to check with Comcast first:

Triple Play = TV , Internet , Phone 

Modems with  telephone capabilities 

Arris SVG 2482 AC 

Arris TG 862 G -CT

Arris TG 862 R

Netgear C7100 V

NetGear CM 500 V      Retail ~ $130 - $280